As federal benefit specialists, our agents at LoneStar Wealth Management offer consultations to discuss VA benefits specific to each individual. Whether you are on active duty, prior service, or retired military, you may be entitled to something you didn’t even know existed.
Aid & Attendance Pension
LoneStar Wealth Management is dedicated to serving veterans and providing valuable information and assistance regarding the Veteran Affairs “Aid and Attendance Pension,” a federal assistance program offering monthly support to veterans, spouses and surviving spouses of veterans.
This benefit is often overlooked and underutilized, which is why we want our veterans to understand more about it with the help of our veterans affairs financial advisor. With our efforts to assist you in claiming this financial reimbursement, we can help you save between $13,000 to $36,000 a year, depending on the situation. Veterans and surviving spouses in assisted living, nursing facilities, or those receiving at-home care are most likely to qualify as long as they meet the following basic criteria:
- The veteran served in active duty for 90 days or more, with at least one day being during a declared state of war.
- The surviving spouse was married to the veteran during the time of their passing.
- The person seeking the benefit requires assistance from another person to perform daily activities of living.
- The care you currently pay for, or will soon, exceeds your monthly income.
- The care will be needed on a permanent basis.
For those who work for the federal government and possess prior military experience, there are benefits available to you as well! Check out our workshops page or reach out to our VA financial advisors to learn more!